2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Wilderness First Aid Certification Course Requirements
- Requirements to earn a Wilderness First Aid Certification
Agree to the terms and conditions of this course upon course purchase.
Successfully complete a Virtual Skills Assessment. Please review the Virtual Skills Assessment Operating Procedures and Instructions here.
11. Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the services and products of UDTWFA, LLC, also dba SCHOOL OF FIRST AID, aslo dba First Five First Aid owners, officers, independent contractors, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "UDTWFA"); I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge UDTWFA, on behalf of myself, spouse, children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that my participation in a first aid and/or wilderness medicine course (including but not limited to First Aid, CPR, AED, Wilderness First Aid Certificate Course, Wilderness First Aid Certification Course, Disaster First Aid, First Aid For New Parents, Active Bystander First Aid, and review and scenario classes for any of the aforementioned courses (hereinafter referred to as "Course(s)"), and my present and future practice of first aid and/or wilderness medicine on others or on myself, entail known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to people on whom I administer first aid and/or wilderness medicine, to third parties, or to property. l understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling objects; the hazards of walking on uneven or rough terrain; collision with fixed or moveable objects or people; vehicle accidents while going to or from activities; accidents involving other bicycles or vehicles; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, lacerations, strains, sprains, fractures, concussions; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; injuries to internal organs; blindness; exhaustion; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause: hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat-related illnesses), sunburn, dehydration, frostbite, frostnip; avalanches; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; rope or other burns; the use of equipment including but not limited to climbing ropes and equipment; equipment failure and/or operator error; limited visibility; open and vertical pits; confined spaces; entrapment; water hazards; whitewater; boat capsize; accidental drowning; exposure to cold water which can result in cold shock, hypothermia and in extreme cases death; accident or illness occurring in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; consumption of food or drink; the negligence of other climbers, visitors, participants or other persons who may be present; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity; and the potential for me to administer first aid and/or wilderness medicine incorrectly, due to my not correctly remembering the instruction UDTWFA give me, that instruction itself containing errors omissions or faulty advice, my own possible inability to properly administer care under the stress of real-life situations, my misinterpretation or misuse of materials supplies and/or products which UDTWFA give or sell to me, omissions or errors in UDTWFA products (including but not limited to textbooks, handouts, cards, and other reference materials), or other causes any of which could result in any of the aforementioned physical or emotional injuries, paralysis or death to myself, to people on whom I administer first aid and/or wilderness medicine, and/or to third parties.
Furthermore, UDTWFA's owners, independent contractors, agents and employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction or fail.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity, both during the Course(s) and afterwards. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I grant permission to UDTWFA to use photos and videos of me in class, and my testimonials, for sharing, promotional, and public outreach purposes.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless UDTWFA from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in any Course(s) or my use of UDTWFA training, products, equipment or facilities (owned, rented, or provided by another organization for free), including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of UDTWFA.
- Should UDTWFA or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage l may cause or suffer while participating in any Course(s) or while administering first aid and/or wilderness medicine, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury/damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have. I hereby authorize any medical treatment and transportation UDTWFA deem necessary in the event of injury, accident or illness.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against UDTWFA, I agree to do so solely in the state of Indiana, and I further agree that the substantive law of Indiana shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree to the venue of any such suit in any court of appropriate jurisdiction located in the City of Fishers, Indiana. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By selecting "I Agree", I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, or afterwards when I administer first aid and/or wilderness medicine, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against UDTWFA on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.