Twenty-three percent of people experiencing a traumatic medical emergency die before first responders arrive because no one on the scene was trained in first aid.
When someone experiences a medical emergency, there is a silent response gap - the time between the occurrence of the medical emergency and the arrival of professional first responders. During this critical period those injured can deteriorate and can die before first responders arrive. In the United States, the average response time for EMS is approximately seven minutes in the city and fifteen minutes outside the city.
Save 20% off this course for a limited time with Coupon Code IM20.
We need Immediate Responders - people who are at the scene and will step into the Silent Response Gap to provide first aid while waiting on EMS to arrive.
You can be this Immediate Responder and be someone’s hero. You can step confidently into the Silent Response Gap and save a life. In this online course, you will learn to identify and manage life-threatening injuries occurring during accidents, a disaster, an active shooter event, or a bombing.
This engaging course will train you to be an Immediate Responder. Photographs of actual injuries and step-by-step demonstrations are used throughout the course to train you to identify, treat and manage injuries and illnesses. You will learn:
- Scene Safety
- Airway Management
- How to identify and treat
- Breeding and six different techniques to stop bleeding
- Gunshot Wounds
- Open Pneumothorax (Sucking Chest Wounds)
- Blast Injuries
- Altered Level of Consciousness (Shock)
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- How to identify and treat
- Hands-Only CPR
- Pain Management
- Patient Movement
- How to equip your own personal first aid kit
The Online Immediate Responder Course Will Train You to Be Ready to Respond to Medical Emergencies
- Self-paced Curriculum. You can view and complete the entire course on your schedule.No time limit to complete it.
- Immediate Access to All Course Resources. Online access to the coursebook, Immediate Responder First Aid on your computer, phone, or tablet. You can download the Immediate Responder First Aid App to your phone and always have the book available for medical emergencies - even if you have no cellular or WiFi connection.
- No Boring Presentations. Over two-dozen, lively, concise, to-the-point video presentations and demonstrations. Three total hours of training that you can complete at your own pace. All presentations are four to nine minutes in length.
- Professional Instructor. Jeffrey Imel, National Registry EMT, Wilderness EMT, certified Emergency Medical Services Educator, and author of four books on first aid and three apps.. Over two decades of teaching experience.
- Practice scenarios where you can practice what you learned in the course
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Certificate of Completion. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that identifies you as a trained Immediate Responder.
- Money-Back Guarantee. If you are not happy with the course for any reason, I will gladly refund your money within thirty days of purchasing the course.
No Boring Textbooks to Read
This course is unlike any other first aid course. You can take you time completing this course. There are no boring textbooks to read. Each first aid technique in this course is explained using simplified, one-page algorithms that distill dozens on pages of text into a step-by-step patient care flow diagram. Each page is explained using concise, to-the-point presentations and demonstrations that are less than nine minutes in length. Your time is not wasted listening to the instructor telling “war stories” and information that does not contribute to learning first aid skills.
Jeffrey Imel, WEMT, NREMT
I am a National Registry Emergency Medical Technician and Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician. I hold instructor certifications in First Aid, CPR/AED, First Responder and Wilderness First Aid.
My life mission is to educate people with no medical background how to provide first aid in the critical first minutes of a medical emergency and continue to provide care while waiting on EMS to arrive. I have over three decades of teaching experience and I believe you will find my method of instruction to be enjoyable.
I am the author of five first aid books and three apps. My books illustrate first aid care and treatment using intuitive “Yes-No” decision diagrams. These books significantly reduce the time first aid students spend taking notes in class and students who use my books report increased retention and achieve higher test scores. My book and teaching method will increase your confidence and serve as an excellent review tool to help you keep your knowledge refreshed.
If you are not happy with the course for any reason, I will gladly refund your money within thirty days of purchasing the course.